February 2024 Public Listening Session
EPA’s Environmental Financial Advisory Board EPA’s Environmental Financial Advisory Board (EFAB) will hold a public listening session via a webcast for the Water Affordability Workgroup. The purpose of the listening session will be for the EFAB to solicit public comment on research, data, and case examples that demonstrate approaches to reduce the capital intensity of meeting communities’ water and wastewater service needs. These could include technological innovations that reduce the required scale of capital projects, innovative procurement models that reduce overall capital costs, or policy innovations that enable communities to meet regulatory requirements more efficiently. The listening session will be conducted fully virtual via webcast.
- When: February 20, 2024, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Eastern time)
- Webcast: Information to access the webcast will be provided upon registration in advance of the meeting.
- Registration: Interested persons who wish to attend the listening session must register by February 18, 2024. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
- Public Comment:
- Oral Statements: In general, individuals or groups requesting an oral presentation at a public listening session will be limited to three minutes each. Persons interested in providing oral statements at the February 2024 listening session should register in advance and provide notification, as noted in the registration confirmation, by February 13, 2024, to be placed on the list of registered speakers. Those providing oral statements may also submit supplementary written statements per the instructions below.
- Written Statements: Written statements should be received by February 13, 2024, so that the information can be made available to the EFAB for its consideration prior to the listening session. Written statements should be sent via email to the EFAB email box (firstname.lastname@example.org). Members of the public should be aware that their personal contact information, if included in any written comments, may be posted to the EFAB website. Copyrighted material will not be posted without explicit permission of the copyright holder.
- For access or services for individuals with disabilities, or for accommodations for a disability, please register for the meeting and list any special requirements or accommodations needed on the registration form at least 10 business days prior to the meeting to allow as much time as possible to process your request.
- View the Federal Register Notice (pdf) (185.67 KB)